Little is known of the Church of Christ in Fredericksburg prior to 1945. We know that for some time before that, five or six people met above the old Piggly Wiggly grocery store on Main Street.
In 1945, the group began meeting in the home of Bill Bryan. Construction began on an auditorium in 1947 on land donated by Brother Bryan (later remodeled into the current fellowship hall). John West did a great deal of the actual construction of the building, and the group began meeting in the new building in 1948.
The church grew very slowly for a number of years, and as the need arose for help in preaching or teaching, the men from the Kerrville Church of Christ always stepped in to help.
In 1966 the leaders of the congregation wanted to hire a full-time minister but lacked the financial ability to do so. The elders of the Junction Church of Christ became aware of the needs and agreed to help.
The greatest and steadiest growth was experienced during the late 1970s. The original building was remodeled and expanded three times before the new auditorium was completed in 1986. In 1997, there were 92 families worshiping here.
The following men have served as shepherds of this flock (current elders identified by asterisk): Jerry Borchers, Jerry Durr, Dale Geistweidt*, Michael Hartman, Dan Hartmann, Boyd Hayes, Rae Hennon, Zach Kirkland*, A.C. Kuse, Roland Laird, Ollie Martin, Harry McHone, Duery Menzies, Rayburn Nash, T.J. Oehler, Jerry Taylor*, Charlie Worrell*, and Larry Young.
Preaching Ministers of Fredericksburg church have been J.D. Moss, Brother Romine, Clem Hoover, Bill Morrison, John Paden, Scott Johnson, Gene Johnston (1982-1995), and Tommy LeFan (1995-present). In 2018, Levi Sisemore began full-time work with the congregation as Minister of Worship & Involvement.